Jump to Main Content
- Pa, Ann; Bi, Xiaotao T.; Sokhansanj, Shahab
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.10 pp. 6167-6177
- waste wood, etc ; air quality; combustion; emissions; gasification; greenhouse gases; human health; life cycle assessment; natural gas; pellets; wood; British Columbia; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The replacement of natural gas combustion for district heating by wood waste and wood pellets gasification systems with or without emission control has been investigated by a streamlined LCA. While stack emissions from controlled gasification systems are lower than the applicable regulations, compared to the current base case, 12% and 133% increases are expected in the overall human health impacts ...
- Kumar, Amit
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.1 pp. 387-399
- waste wood, etc ; Dendroctonus ponderosae; insect pests; forest pests; plant pests; wood; biomass; ethanol; ethanol production; biodiesel; waste incineration; electric power; logging; mortality; cost analysis; British Columbia; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Biomass is nearly carbon neutral and can be used for the production of various liquid fuels and chemicals. Decisions on biomass utilization should be based on the most economical and mature route. This study analyzes mountain pine beetle (MPB) killed wood as the feedstock for production of bio-ethanol and bio-oil and compares it with the direct combustion route to produce electricity. The MPB infe ...