Jump to Main Content
- Lu, John Z.; Duan, Xinfang; Wu, Qinglin; Lian, Kun
- Bioresource technology 2008 v.99 no.13 pp. 5906-5914
- decay resistance, etc ; Coriolus versicolor; Gloeophyllum trabeum; Isoptera; borates; brown-rot fungi; cations; chelates; chitosan; packaging materials; preservatives; tensile strength; white-rot fungi; wood; zinc; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Wood-polymer composites (WPC) have been extensively used for building products, outdoor decking, automotive, packaging materials, and other applications. WPC is subject to fungal and termite attacks due to wood components enveloped in the thermoplastic matrix. Much effort has been made to improve decay resistance of WPC using zinc borate and other chemicals. In this study, chitosan copper complex ...
- Mburu, F.; Dumarçay, S.; Huber, F.; Petrissans, M.; Gérardin, P.
- Bioresource technology 2007 v.98 no.18 pp. 3478-3486
- decay resistance, etc ; Grevillea robusta; tropical wood; heartwood; wood preservation; heat treatment; physicochemical properties; plant anatomy; decay fungi; Coriolus versicolor; Pycnoporus sanguineus; white-rot fungi; Postia placenta; brown-rot fungi; Isoptera; insect pests; pest resistance; Kenya; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Heat treatment of Grevillea robusta, a tropical wood species of low natural durability, was carried-out under inert conditions to improve its decay resistance. Resistance of heat treated samples was evaluated by malt agar block tests after three months of exposure to several wood rotting fungi. Also resistance of heat treated wood against termites was tested in the laboratory and in the field. Res ...