Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Wangqiyue; Othman, Maazuza Z.
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.288 pp. 121421
- waste wood, etc ; acetates; ambient temperature; capacitance; cellulose; electric power; electrochemistry; fractionation; fuels; ionic liquids; lignin; lignocellulose; solubility; solubilization; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Lignocellulosic materials (LCMs) extracted from waste-wood products are promising sources of renewable chemicals and fuels. Organosolv pretreatment is commonly used for the fractionation of LCMs; however, these methods require high reaction temperatures, which remain problematic. In this study, room temperature ionic liquids (RTILs) and electrochemical conversion were used for LCMs fractionation. ...
- Kwon, Jeong Heo; Kang, Hyunsoo; Sang, Byoung-In; Kim, Yunje; Min, Jiho; Mitchell, Robert J.; Lee, Jin Hyung
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.199 pp. 283-287
- waste wood, etc ; Clostridium beijerinckii; Pinus rigida; acetates; biomass; butanol; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; fermentation; glucose; hydrolysates; milling; pH; phenolic compounds; washing; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... A facile butanol bioproduction process was developed using planetary milling, and Pinus rigida wood waste as a model substrate for fermentable sugars. The use of planetary milling as the pretreatment eliminates the need for washing and transfer of the biomass prior to enzymatic hydrolysis. Moreover, using this pretreatment process resulted in the production of only 0.072±0.003g/L soluble phenolic ...