Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2014 v.159 pp. 223-231
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; carbon; glycerol; lactic acid; lipopolysaccharides; metabolites; mutants; toxicity
- ... Recently, novel Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B, which grows rapidly on glycerol as the carbon source without forming pathogenic and sticky lipopolysaccharides, was isolated. Current study examined the ability of K. pneumoniae J2B to produce 1,3-propanediol (PDO) from glycerol. To this end, a deletion mutant for lactate formation was constructed. The ldhA mutant strain produced negligible lactate but mo ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.18 pp. 8357-8367
- biochemical pathways; carbon; engineering; ferredoxin hydrogenase; hydrogen production; microorganisms; nitrogenase; photophosphorylation
- ... The improvement of H₂ production capabilities of hydrogen (H₂)-producing microorganisms is a challenging issue. Microorganisms have evolved for fast growth and substrate utilization rather than H₂ production. To develop good H₂-producing biocatalysts, many studies have focused on the redirection and/or reconstruction of cellular metabolisms. These studies included the elimination of enzymes and ca ...