Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: miran?
- Molina-Miras, A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.282 pp. 370-377
- Amphidinium; bioactive properties; biobased products; biomass; bioprocessing; carotenoids; fatty acid composition; microalgae; polyunsaturated fatty acids; secondary metabolites
- ... Sustainable dinoflagellate microalgae-based bioprocess designed to produce secondary metabolites (SMs) with interesting bioactivities are attracting increasing attention. However, dinoflagellates also produce other valuable bioproducts (e.g polyunsaturated fatty acids, carotenoids, etc.) that could be recovered and should therefore be taken into account in the bioprocess. In this study, biomass of ...
- Molina-Miras, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.265 pp. 257-267
- Amphidinium; biomass production; carotenoids; light intensity; microalgae; nutrients; photobioreactors; polyunsaturated fatty acids
- ... The feasibility of the long-term (>170 days) culture of a dinoflagellate microalga in a raceway photobioreactor is demonstrated for the first time. Amphidinium carterae was chosen for this study as it is producer of interesting high-value compounds. Repeated semicontinuous culture provided to be a robust operational mode. Different concentration levels of the f/2 medium nutrients (i.e. f/2×1–3) we ...