Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Rejane H.R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.147 pp. 562-568
- Chlamydomonas; aeration; ammonia; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; filters; landfills; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen balance; nitrogen content; ponds; volatilization; waste lagoons
- ... The treatment performance and nitrogen mass balance of a pilot-scale landfill leachate treatment system was evaluated. The system was comprised of a series of three ponds and a rock filter and was fed a continuous flow (200Ld⁻¹) during 111weeks. Three different operational conditions were investigated: conventional operation (stage I), aeration (stage II) and aeration/recirculation (stage III). Th ...
- Costa, Rejane H.R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.112 pp. 98-104
- effluents; proteins; nitrogen content; ponds; farms; crude protein; biomass production; dissolved oxygen; swine
- ... Duckweed ponds have been successfully used in swine waste polishing, generating a biomass with high protein content. Therefore, the present study evaluated the efficiency of two full-scale duckweed ponds considering nutrient recovery from a piggery farm effluent (produced by 300 animals), as well as the biomass yield and crude protein (CP) content. A significant improvement in the effluent quality ...