Jump to Main Content
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.183 pp. 181-187
- chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; nitrogen; phosphorus; sludge; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... An advanced wastewater treatment process (SIPER) was developed to simultaneously decrease sludge production, prevent the accumulation of inorganic solids, recover phosphorus, and enhance nutrient removal. The feasibility of simultaneous enhanced nutrient removal along with sludge reduction as well as the potential for enhanced nutrient removal via this process were further evaluated. The results s ...
- Chen, You-Peng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.190 pp. 21-28
- biochemical pathways; biofilm; catalytic activity; cell adhesion; denitrification; microbial communities; physicochemical properties; polysaccharides; proteins; proteomics; sludge
- ... Biofilm and suspended sludge (S-sludge) floc exhibit distinct physicochemical properties and process performances in an integrated fixed-film and suspended growth sequencing batch reactor. However, the mechanisms of governing these differences between the two aggregates were unknown. Current work evaluated the diversity of morphologies, microbial communities, extracellular proteins and polysacchar ...