Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Gyoo Yeol, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.135 pp. 564-567
- Escherichia coli; chromosomes; enzymes; galactose; glucose; metabolism; operon; synthetic biology
- ... In this study, the Leloir pathway of galactose metabolism was rebuilt in Escherichia coli to remove CCR and amplify galactose utilization rate. All genes encoding pathway enzymes were expressed under the control of a synthetic module that included promoters, 5′-untranslated regions, and terminators as a re-organized single operon in the chromosome. The engineered strain showed both an enhanced gal ...
- Jung, Gyoo Yeol, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.135 pp. 568-573
- Clostridium; Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); acetates; butyrates; butyric acid; electrons; glucose; hosts; synthetic biology
- ... In this study, the native redox cofactor regeneration system in Escherichia coli was engineered for the production of butyric acid. The synthetic butyrate pathway, which regenerates NAD+ from NADH using butyrate as the only final electron acceptor, enabled high-yield production of butyric acid from glucose (83.4% of the molar theoretical yield). The high selectivity for butyrate, with a butyrate/a ...