Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.259 pp. 32-39
- antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; bacterial communities; community structure; earthworms; environmental factors; fluoroquinolones; horizontal gene transfer; sewage sludge; tetracycline; vermicomposting
- ... Diverse antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) present in sewage sludge are difficult to be eliminated using conventional sludge treatment processes. To date, little remains known on the fate of the ARGs during vermicomposting of sludge. This study aimed to investigate the effect of earthworms on the fate of tetracycline and fluoroquinolone resistance genes, and integrons during vermicomposting of sew ...
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.175 pp. 646-650
- ammonium nitrogen; cocoons; earthworms; electrical conductivity; microbial biomass; nitrate nitrogen; phosphorus; sludge; vermicomposting; vermicomposts
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of vermistabilization of fresh pelletized dewatered sludges (PDS) without any bulking materials using earthworms Bimastus parvus. For this, two pelletized treatments with 4.5mm and 14.5mm fresh PDS and one without pelletized treatment were setup. Earthworm’s fate test showed that earthworms could not survive in the treatment without pelletis ...