Jump to Main Content
- Krehbiel, Joel D.; Schideman, Lance C.; King, Daniel A.; Freund, Jonathan B.
- Bioresource technology 2014 v.173 pp. 448-451
- cell harvesting, etc ; air; algae; biofuels; biomass; combustion; energy balance; energy efficiency; energy requirements; fuel production; heat; microbubbles; space and time; ultrasonics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Microbubbles were added to an algal solution with the goal of improving cell disruption efficiency and the net energy balance for algal biofuel production. Experimental results showed that disruption increases with increasing peak rarefaction ultrasound pressure over the range studied: 1.90 to 3.07MPa. Additionally, ultrasound cell disruption increased by up to 58% by adding microbubbles, with pea ...
- PubMed Central:
- Dien, Bruce S.; Miller, David J.; Hector, Ronald E.; Dixon, Richard A.; Chen, Fang; McCaslin, Mark; Reisen, Peter; Sarath, Gautam; Cotta, Michael A.
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.11 pp. 6479
- harvesting, etc ; Medicago sativa; Saccharomyces; alfalfa; ammonia; biomass; caffeic acid; carbohydrate content; crop yield; cultivars; ethanol; ethanol production; genes; lignin; stems; sugars; yeasts; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) biomass was evaluated for biochemical conversion into ethanol using dilute-acid and ammonia pretreatments. The two alfalfa lines compared were a reduced S-lignin transgenic cultivar generated through down regulation of the caffeic acid O-methyltransferase gene and a wild-type control. Both were harvested at two maturities. All the samples had similar carbohydrate conte ...