Jump to Main Content
- Li, Jianfeng; Yang, Fenglin; Liu, Yu; Song, Huiping; Li, Da; Cheng, Fangqin
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.103 no.1 pp. 43-47
- fractal dimensions, etc ; community structure; fouling; microbial biomass; microbial communities; particle size; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... In MBR, severe membrane fouling is often observed in the initial phase in which biomass is yet fully acclimated and stabilized in terms of microbial community structure and biomass characteristics. The focus of this study was to investigate the microbial community development and its influence on biomass characteristics and membrane fouling during start-up of a hybrid anoxic–oxic MBR. PCR–DGGE ana ...
- Cheng, Jun; Huang, Rui; Li, Tao; Zhou, Junhu; Cen, Kefa
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.191 pp. 66-72
- fractal dimensions, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; biomass; carbohydrate content; cell walls; cytoplasm; evaporation; hexane; isopropyl alcohol; lipid content; lipids; microalgae; physicochemical properties; scanning electron microscopy; steam; transmission electron microscopy; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Instant catapult steam explosion (ICSE) was employed to disrupt wet microalgal cells for efficient lipid extraction. Physicochemical properties of exploded cells were investigated through SEM, TEM, FTIR, and TGA. The exploded cells increased in fractal dimension (1.53–1.65) when preheat time was prolonged from 0min to 5min and in surface pore area when steam pressure was increased. Meanwhile, the ...