Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Qiwei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2010 v.101 no.23 pp. 9264-9271
- Paenibacillus polymyxa; Polymyxa; antibiotics; antifungal agents; fermentation; metal ions; models; response surface methodology
- ... Effect of metal ions (Mg²⁺, Zn²⁺ and Fe³⁺) on the production of fusaricidin-type antifungal compounds by Paenibacillus polymyxa SQR-21 was studied in liquid culture. First, one-factor; three-level experiments were conducted to find out optimal concentrations of each metal ion for maximum production of fusaricidins. Later, three-factor; five-level experiments were performed and a quadratic predicti ...
- Huang, Qiwei, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2012 v.108 pp. 190-195
- Paenibacillus polymyxa; bacterial spores; biological control agents; fertilizers; fluorescence in situ hybridization; plate count; storage temperature; vegetative cells; water content
- ... The effects of storage temperature (20, 30 and 40°C), inoculum type (pure spores, an equal mix of spores and vegetative cells and pure vegetative cells) and water content (20%, 30% and 40%) on the survival and spore formation of the biocontrol agent, Paenibacillus polymyxa SQR-21, in a bioorganic fertilizer were modeled in a 3×3×3 factorial design. Bacterial and spore populations were monitored by ...