Jump to Main Content
- Lv, Xiao-mei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.145 pp. 2-9
- biofilm; denitrification; methane; microorganisms; nitrates; nitrites; oxidation; oxygen; sludge
- ... Aerobic methane-oxidation coupled to denitrification (AME-D) process was successfully achieved in a membrane biofilm reactor (MBfR). PVDF membrane was employed to supply the methane and oxygen for biofilm, which was coexistence of methanotrophs and denitrifier. With a feeding NO3-–N of 30mg/L, up to 97% nitrate could be removed stably. The oxygen ventilation modes impacted the denitrification perf ...
- Lv, Xiao-mei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2014 v.170 pp. 230-238
- DNA; activated sludge; adsorption; bioreactors; carbon nitrogen ratio; filterability; fouling; hydrophobicity; nitrifying bacteria; organic matter; polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; turbidity; viscosity
- ... Autotrophic nitrifying bacteria have its intrinsic properties including low EPS production, dense colonial structure and slow-growth rate, favoring the sludge filterability improvement. An adsorption-MBR (Ad-MBR) was developed to enrich nitrifier abundance in the MBR chamber by inlet C/N regulation, and its possible positive effect on sludge filterability and underlying mechanisms were investigate ...