Jump to Main Content
- Mo, Dan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.262 pp. 294-301
- dewatering; filtration; free radicals; heat treatment; iron; physicochemical properties; polymers; sludge
- ... In this study, zero valent iron (ZVI) activated peroxymonosulfate (PMS) as novel technique (i.e. ZVI-PMS technology) was employed to enhance sludge dewatering. In optimal sludge dewatering conditions of ZVI and KHSO5 dosages, the specific resistance to filtration (SRF) was reduced by 83.6%, which was further decreased to 90.6% after combination of ZVI-PMS with thermal treatment at 50 °C (i.e. ZVI- ...
- Mo, Dan, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.260 pp. 115-123
- aldehydes; energy; fatty acid composition; hardness; hydrochars; hydrothermal carbonization; ketones; pelleting; pellets; temperature; unsaturated fatty acids; water content
- ... Effect of hydrothermal carbonization (HTC) on the hydrochar pelletization and the aldehydes/ketones emission from pellets during storage was investigated. Pellets made from the hydrochar were stored in sealed apparatuses for sampling. The energy consumption during pelletization and the pellets’ properties before/after storage, including dimension, density, moisture content, hardness, aldehyde/keto ...