Jump to Main Content
- Qiu, Yan-Ling, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.179 pp. 306-313
- acetates; anaerobic digestion; bacteria; bioaugmentation; cellulose; corn straw; fermentation; hexoses; hydrogen; lignocellulose; methane; methane production; methylcellulose; models; pentoses; xylan
- ... The effect of bioaugmentation with an acetate-type fermentation bacterium in the phylum Bacteroidetes on the anaerobic digestion of corn straw was evaluated by batch experiments. Acetobacteroides hydrogenigenes is a promising strain for bioaugmentation with relatively high growth rate, hydrogen yields and acetate tolerance, which ferments a broad spectrum of pentoses, hexoses and polyoses mainly i ...
- Qiu, Yan-Ling, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.143 pp. 512-518
- Actinobacteria; Crenarchaeota; Euryarchaeota; Proteobacteria; aromatic acids; bacteria; bacterial communities; benzoates; biogas; clones; corn straw; microbial activity; p-cresol; phenol; phylogeny; propionates; ribosomal RNA; slurries
- ... A 16S rRNA gene-based method was used to characterize the structure of bacterial and archaeal communities in a full-scale, anaerobic reactor treating corn straw. Degradability experiment indicated biogas slurry had high microbial activity, the TS removal rate was 53% and the specific methanogenic activity was 86mLCH4gVSS−1d−1. During anaerobic degradation of corn straw, volatile acids and aromatic ...