Jump to Main Content
- Seol, Eunhee, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.245 pp. 1542-1550
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; glucose; glycerol; glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; glycolysis; metabolic engineering; oxidation
- ... The production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) from glucose was investigated using Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B, which converts glycerol to 1,3-PDO and synthesize an essential coenzyme B12. In order to connect the glycolytic pathway with the pathway of 1,3-PDO synthesis from glycerol, i.e., to directly produce diol from glucose, glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and glycerol-3-phosphate phosphatase fro ...
- Seol, Eunhee, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.244 pp. 1096-1103
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; acetates; aeration; aldehyde dehydrogenase; bioreactors; byproducts; glycerol; glycolysis; metabolic engineering
- ... Production of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) or 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO) production from glycerol is challenging due to the problems associated with cofactor regeneration, coenzyme B12 synthesis, and the instability of pathway enzymes. To address these complications, simultaneous production of 3-HP and 1,3-PDO, instead of individual production of each compound, was attempted. With over-expression ...