Jump to Main Content
- Varma, A.J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.3 pp. 3304-3308
- Debaryomyces hansenii; activated carbon; biotransformation; hemicellulose; hydrolysates; immobilized cells; ion exchange resins; sugarcane bagasse; xylitol; yeasts
- ... A thermotolerant yeast capable of fermenting xylose to xylitol at 40°C was isolated and identified as a strain of Debaryomyces hansenii by ITS sequencing. This paper reports the production of xylitol from d-xylose and sugarcane bagasse hemicellulose by free and Ca-alginate immobilized cells of D. hansenii. The efficiency of free and immobilized cells were compared for xylitol production from d-xyl ...
- Varma, A.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2009 v.100 no.24 pp. 6679-6681
- lignocellulose; renewable energy sources; glucose; beta-glucosidase; hydrolysates; raw materials; Penicillium; cellulose; sugarcane bagasse; enzymatic hydrolysis; enzyme kinetics; enzyme substrates; alkali treatment; biomass; saccharification
- ... A complete cellulase from Penicillium pinophilum was evaluated for the hydrolysis of α-cellulose derived from steam exploded sugarcane bagasse and other cellulosic substrates. α-Cellulose at 1% substrate concentration was completely hydrolyzed by Penicillium cellulase within 3h wherein at 10% the hydrolysis was 100% within 24h with an enzyme loading of 10 FPU/g. The hydrolysate yielded glucose as ...