Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Xiaole, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.224 pp. 222-228
- Phragmites australis; Potamogeton crispus; adverse effects; ammonia; ammonium nitrogen; bacteria; chemical oxygen demand; climate change; constructed wetlands; nutrients; overland flow; oxygen; plant growth; temperature; winter; China
- ... In the present study, a novel seasonal plant collocation system (SPCS), specifically the Potamogeton crispus and Phragmites australis series system, was investigated to enhance the performance of surface flow constructed wetlands (SFCWs) at low temperature. Results of a year-round experiment showed that SPCS conquered the adverse effect of low temperature and achieved sustainable nutrients removal ...
- Yin, Xiaole, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.218 pp. 1257-1260
- Phragmites australis; Potamogeton crispus; chemical oxygen demand; cold; cold zones; constructed wetlands; ecosystems; nitrogen; overland flow; river water; submerged aquatic plants; temperature; water treatment; winter
- ... In this study, enhanced organics and nitrogen removal efficiency in SFCWs by different submerged plants for polluted river water treatment under cold temperature was evaluated. High average removal efficiencies of COD (92.45%), NH4+-N (93.70%) and TN (55.62%) were achieved in experimental SFCWs with Potamogeton crispus compared with SFCWs with other plants. SFCWs with underground Phragmites austra ...