Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Hang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.216 pp. 562-570
- energy; granules; hydroxyapatite; nitrogen content; pollutants; shear stress; sludge
- ... A novel funnel-shaped internals was proposed to enhance the stability and pollutant removal performance of an aerobic granular process by optimizing granule size distribution. Results showed up to 68.3±1.4% of granules in novel reactor (R1) were situated in optimal size range (700–1900μm) compared to less than 29.7±1.1% in conventional reactor (R2), and overgrowth of large granules was effectively ...
- Zhao, Hang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.198 pp. 358-363
- activated carbon; aggregation behavior; granules; quantitative analysis; sludge; wastewater
- ... Initial cell aggregation plays an important role in the formation of aerobic granules. In this study, three parallel aerobic granular sludge reactors treating low-strength wastewater were established using granular activated carbon (GAC) of different sizes as the nucleating agent. A novel visual quantitative evaluation method was used to discern how GAC size affects velocity field differences (GAC ...