Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Jiamin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.249 pp. 869-879
- ammonium; bacteria; bioreactors; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; enzyme kinetics; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; logit analysis; microbial communities; models; nitrate reduction; nitrates; water treatment
- ... The NO3− removal pathway and microorganisms change along with the height of an up-flow W-SPD bioreactor was investigated in this study. Modeling and microbial community analysis were used to analyze the denitrification behavior in W-SPD bioreactor. The results showed that NO3− removal rate matched for zero-order (R2 > 0.97) and first-order (R2 > 0.94) combination Michaelis-Menten kinetics, whereas ...
- Zhao, Jiamin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2014 v.171 pp. 389-395
- ammonium nitrogen; carbon dioxide; denitrification; electrolysis; energy efficiency; nitrate nitrogen; nitrates; nitrite nitrogen; response surface methodology
- ... In this study, central composite design (CCD) and response surface methodology (RSM) were applied to optimize the C/N and current density in a heterotrophic/biofilm-electrode autotrophic denitrification reactor (HAD-BER). Results showed that nitrate could be effectively reduced over a wide range of C/Ns (0.84–1.3535) and current densities (96.8–370.0mA/m2); however, an optimum C/N of 1.13 and opti ...