Jump to Main Content
- Santos, Ricardo M.; Laranjinha, João; Barbosa, Rui M.; Sirota, Anton
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2015 v.69 pp. 83-94
- acetylcholine, etc ; benzoquinones; biosensors; brain; chitosan; choline; choline oxidase; coatings; cognition; crosslinking; detection limit; electrochemistry; hydrogen peroxide; neural networks; oxygen; rats; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Acetylcholine (ACh) modulates neuronal network activities implicated in cognition, including theta and gamma oscillations but the mechanisms remain poorly understood. Joint measurements of cholinergic activity and neuronal network dynamics with high spatio-temporal resolution are critical to understand ACh neuromodulation. However, current electrochemical biosensors are not optimized to measure na ...
- Ke, Chen-Yi; Wu, Yun-Tse; Tseng, Wei-Lung
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2015 v.69 pp. 46-53
- acetylcholine, etc ; acetylcholinesterase; ammonia; biosensors; bovine serum albumin; choline; enzyme activity; enzyme substrates; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; glucose; gold; hydrogen peroxide; hydrolysis; nanoparticles; oxidation; pH; urea; wavelengths; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This study describes the synthesis of a dual emission probe for the fluorescent ratiometric sensing of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), enzyme activity, and environmental pH change. Green-emitting fluorescein-5-isothiocyanate (FITC) was conjugated to the amino groups of bovine serum albumin (BSA). This FITC-conjugated BSA acted as a template for the synthesis of red-emitting gold nanoclusters (AuNCs) und ...