Jump to Main Content
- Castro-Garcia, Sergio; Sola-Guirado, Rafael R.; Gil-Ribes, Jesus A.
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.170 pp. 130-137
- mechanical harvesting, etc ; accelerometers; canopy; fruits; microprocessors; oranges; orchards; trees; vibration; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The mechanical harvesting of juice oranges can be achieved by the application of forced vibration to the tree canopy to detach fruit. Among the available harvesting technologies, canopy shaker systems have the advantage of working without stoppages between trees, with rods that penetrate the tree canopy generating low-frequency, high-amplitude movement. The objective of this work is to analyse the ...
- Xie, Luxin; Wang, Jun; Cheng, Shaoming; Zeng, Bosheng; Yang, Zizeng
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.175 pp. 16-26
- mechanical harvesting, etc ; blades; chopping; energy use and consumption; experimental design; finite element analysis; mechanical damage; models; regression analysis; standard deviation; sugarcane; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... High levels of mechanical damage are a major obstacle for the mechanical harvesting of sugarcane. A chopping system for use in a sugarcane harvester was developed and tested. The three influencing factors studied were the rotational speed of chopping drums (RS), the overlapping length of upper and lower chopping blades (OL) and the bevel angle (BA). The quality of chopping included the percentage ...