Jump to Main Content
- Bloch, Victor; Degani, Amir; Bechar, Avital
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.166 pp. 126-137
- harvesting, etc ; apples; kinematics; models; orchards; robots; trees; working conditions; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... To improve robot performance for agricultural tasks, and decrease its cost, the robot can be optimally designed for a specific task in a specific working environment. However, since the environment defines the robot optimal kinematics, the environment itself should also be optimised for optimal robot performance. The objective of this paper is to present and demonstrate a methodology for simultane ...
- Ncama, Khayelihle; Magwaza, Lembe S.; Poblete-Echeverría, Carlos A.; Nieuwoudt, Hélène H.; Tesfay, Samson Z.; Mditshwa, Asanda
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.174 pp. 41-49
- harvesting, etc ; avocados; chemometrics; computer software; dry matter content; freeze drying; lipid content; mesocarp; models; nutritive value; orchards; ovens; pulp; spectrometers; statistical analysis; temperature; water content; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Commercial harvest maturity of ‘Hass’ avocado fruit is estimated based on dry matter content (DM). Typically, a few samples representing the entire orchard are destructively analysed using time-consuming procedures such as oven or freeze drying the fruit's mesocarp. However, the maturity parameter of avocado, that is known to have a direct link to nutritional quality, is oil content (OC). This stu ...