Jump to Main Content
- Lu, Jun; Lee, Won Suk; Gan, Hao; Hu, Xiuwen
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.171 pp. 78-90
- harvesting, etc ; algorithms; canopy; citrus fruits; color; fruits; groves; growers; nutrients; prediction; ripening; solar radiation; texture; trees; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Detecting immature fruit in groves provides a promising benefit for growers to plan application of nutrients and estimate their yield and profit prior to harvesting. The goal of this study was to develop a robust algorithm to detect and count immature citrus fruit in images of the tree canopy. Images were all taken in low natural light conditions with a flashlight, and the green component of the c ...
- Khanchi, Amit; Birrell, Stuart; Mitchell, Robert B.
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.169 pp. 71-84
- harvesting, etc ; Panicum virgatum; algorithms; corn; corn stover; decision making; decision support systems; dew; drying; environmental factors; models; rain; sampling; solar radiation; vapor pressure; water content; wind speed; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Field drying trials were conducted using both field baskets as well as grab sampling techniques to study drying behaviour of switchgrass and maize (corn) stover (CS). Environmental conditions such as hourly solar radiation, vapour pressure deficit (VPD), average wind speed, rainfall amount, harvesting method, and field operations such as swath density were used as variables for model development. ...