Jump to Main Content
- Rico, Carlos; Rico, JosÃ© Luis; Lasa, Cristina
- Biosystems engineering 2012 v.112 no.4 pp. 344-351
- anaerobic digestion; biodegradability; centrifugation; chemical oxygen demand; dairy manure; flocculation; methane; methane production; mixing; pressing; sludge; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor; volatile fatty acids
- ... Anaerobic digestion of the liquid fraction (LF) of dairy manure was studied in lab scale in a high-load anaerobic reactor (upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB)) operated at 25Â Â°C. The LF was obtained by a separation process in a pilot plant consisting of screw pressing and centrifugation enhanced by flocculation in a pilot plant. The separation process produced a LF free of suspended solids (S ...
- GarcÃa, Ana; Maulini, Caterina; Torrente, Jorge M.; SÃ¡nchez, Antoni; Barrena, Raquel; Font, Xavier
- Biosystems engineering 2012 v.112 no.4 pp. 335-343
- anaerobic digestion; autoclaving; biodegradability; biodegradation; biogas; biological treatment; composts; heavy metals; municipal solid waste; oxygen; soil treatment; steam; total solids
- ... Commingled municipal solid waste (MSW) was autoclaved in the presence of saturated steam for 30Â min at 145Â Â°C and 600Â kPa. The organic fibre fraction from the autoclaved resulting material was examined for biodegradability. Aerobic and anaerobic tests were carried out to characterise the fibre in terms of biodegradation potential, which was moderate (biogas production potential of 251Â Â±Â 22Â ...