Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Tae-Hun; Yang, Eun-Joo; Shin, Kyung-Chul; Hwang, Kyeong-Hwan; Park, JunSeong; Oh, Deok-Kun
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 183-193
- Escherichia coli; Panax; Sulfolobus solfataricus; Thermotoga; alpha-N-arabinofuranosidase; biological production; bioprocessing; biotransformation; cosmetics; dietary supplements; enzyme activity; fermenters; ginsenosides; ingredients; leaf extracts; leaves; traditional medicine
- ... Ginsenoside compound K is an essential ingredient in nutritional supplements, cosmetics, and traditional medicines. However, cultivation for the production of enzymes involved in ginsenoside biotransformation has not been attempted in a fermenter. The host strain Escherichia coli ER2566 and the constitutive pHCE vector were selected for the efficient production of β-D-glycosidase, and expression m ...
- Kim, DalRye; Lim, HeeKyung; Lee, KeeIn; Hwang, InTaek
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 168-175
- Escherichia coli; Lactococcus raffinolactis; Paenibacillus peoriae; bacteria; enzyme activity; genes; genetic vectors; high performance liquid chromatography; open reading frames; pH; sequence analysis; soil; thermal stability; xylose; Korean Peninsula
- ... The gene of Pae1263 (2,196 bp, 732 aa) was found from the full-length sequence analysis of bacterium Paenibacillus terrae HPL-003 isolated from soil on Gara Mountain in Korea (CP003107, our previous study). Among the 20 open reading frames (ORFs) related with the xylose substrate, only the recombinant enzyme of ORF Pae1263 showed a 1,4-beta-D-xylosidase activity when all of the ORFs were transform ...