Jump to Main Content
- Trinh, LyThi Phi; Lee, Young-Ju; Lee, Jae-Won; Lee, Won-Heong
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 228-237
- acetates; bioethanol; ethanol production; fermentation; hydrolysates; ionic liquids; response surface methodology; saccharification; softwood; sugars
- ... We investigated the feasibility of producing bioethanol from mixed softwood pretreated with the ionic liquid 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate ([Bmim]Ac). The optimal pretreatment conditions were determined by response surface methodology to be 100°C for 15 h, and the fermentable sugar yield was estimated to be 92.5%. Efficient pretreatment of softwood was maintained even after reutilizing [Bmim ...
- Lee, JaeHyeon; Lama, Suman; Kim, JungRae; Park, SungHoon
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 250-258
- Escherichia coli; acetates; carbon; fructose-bisphosphate aldolase; glucose; glycerol; phosphates; toxicity
- ... A range of recombinant strains of Escherichia coli were developed to produce 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PDO), an important C3 diol, from glucose. Two modules, the glycerol-producing pathway converting dihydroxyacetone phosphate to glycerol and the 1,3-PDO-producing pathway converting glycerol to 1,3-PDO, were introduced into E. coli. In addition, to avoid oxidative assimilation of the produced glycerol, ...