Jump to Main Content
- Aulitto, Martina; Fusco, Salvatore; Bartolucci, Simonetta; Franzén, CarlJohan; Contursi, Patrizia
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 210
- beans, etc ; Bacillus coagulans; Lactobacillus; anthropogenic activities; bacteria; biodegradability; biomass; bioplastics; bioprocessing; bioreactors; cellulases; depolymerization; ecosystems; engineering; feedstocks; fermentation; fuels; fungi; growth retardation; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; lignocellulose; microbial growth; pH; polylactic acid; processing waste; sugars; temperature; value-added products; wheat straw; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The transition from a petroleum-based economy towards more sustainable bioprocesses for the production of fuels and chemicals (circular economy) is necessary to alleviate the impact of anthropic activities on the global ecosystem. Lignocellulosic biomass-derived sugars are suitable alternative feedstocks that can be fermented or biochemically converted to value-added products. An examp ...
- PubMed Central:
- Tao, Ling; Milbrandt, Anelia; Zhang, Yanan; Wang, Wei-Cheng
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 261
- castor beans, etc ; Jatropha; Thlaspi; animal fats and oils; biorefining; carbon; catalysts; coconut oil; coconuts; esters; fatty acid composition; fatty acids; feedstocks; fossil fuels; fuel production; gasoline; geographical distribution; greenhouse gas emissions; hydrocarbons; life cycle assessment; oil crops; prices; soybeans; yellow grease; United States; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Biomass-derived jet fuel is an alternative jet fuel (AJF) showing promise of reducing the dependence on fossil fuel and greenhouse gas emissions. Hydroprocessed esters and fatty acids (HEFA) concept is also known as one of the pathways for producing bio jet fuel. HEFA fuel was approved by the American Society for Testing and Materials in 2011, and can be blended up to 50% with conventi ...
- PubMed Central: