Jump to Main Content
- Peng, Xiaowei; Qiao, Weibo; Mi, Shuofu; Jia, Xiaojing; Su, Hong; Han, Yejun
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 131
- corn stover, etc ; Caldicellulosiruptor owensensis; alpha-N-arabinofuranosidase; beta-glucosidase; biomass; biotransformation; cellulose 1,4-beta-cellobiosidase; corn cobs; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; esterases; glucans; hydrolysis; lignocellulose; phenol; saccharification; thermophilic bacteria; xylan; xylanases; xylose; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pretreatment is currently the common approach for improving the efficiency of enzymatic hydrolysis on lignocellulose. However, the pretreatment process is expensive and will produce inhibitors such as furan derivatives and phenol derivatives. If the lignocellulosic biomass can efficiently be saccharified by enzymolysis without pretreatment, the bioconversion process would be simplified ...
- PubMed Central:
- Qin, Lei; Li, Wen-Chao; Zhu, Jia-Qing; Liang, Jing-Nan; Li, Bing-Zhi; Yuan, Ying-Jin
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 174
- corn stover, etc ; X-ray diffraction; biomass; biotransformation; cell walls; cellulose; delamination; drying temperature; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; fermentation; lignin; lignocellulose; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; saccharification; scanning electron microscopes; transmission electron microscopes; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass is essential to increase the cellulase accessibility for bioconversion of lignocelluloses by breaking down the biomass recalcitrance. In this work, a novel pretreatment method using ethylenediamine (EDA) was presented as a simple process to achieve high enzymatic digestibility of corn stover (CS) by heating the biomass–EDA mixture with high solid ...
- PubMed Central: