Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Yuan; Poli, Michele; Sablok, Gaurav; Wang, Bo; Liang, Yanchun; La Porta, Nicola; Velikova, Violeta; Loreto, Francesco; Li, Mingai; Varotto, Claudio
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 54
- abscisic acid, etc ; Arundo donax; GRAS substances; Internet; acetylene; biochemical pathways; bioenergy; biomass production; energy crops; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; indole acetic acid; inventories; physiological state; polyethylene glycol; roots; sequence analysis; shoots; stress response; tissues; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptome; water stress; Mediterranean region; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Arundo donax L. (Poaceae) is considered one of the most promising energy crops in the Mediterranean region because of its high biomass yield and low input requirements, but to date no information on its transcriptional responses to water stress is available. RESULTS: We obtained by Illumina-based RNA-seq the whole root and shoot transcriptomes of young A. donax plants subjected to osmo ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kebrom, TesfamichaelH.; McKinley, Brian; Mullet, JohnE.
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 159
- abscisic acid, etc ; ethylene; flowering; genes; cell walls; bioenergy; gene expression; genotype; hormone metabolism; gene expression regulation; transcription factors; grasses; transcriptomics; DNA replication; transcription (genetics); biomass; indole acetic acid; vascular bundles; vegetative growth; internodes; pith; cell cycle; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Bioenergy sorghum accumulates 75% of shoot biomass in stem internodes. Grass stem internodes are formed during vegetative growth and elongate in response to developmental and environmental signals. To identify genes and molecular mechanisms that modulate the extent of internode growth, we conducted microscopic and transcriptomic analyses of four successive sub-apical vegetative interno ...
- PubMed Central: