Jump to Main Content
- Cejnar, Rudolf; Hložková, Kateřina; Kotrba, Pavel; Dostálek, Pavel
- Biotechnology letters 2016 v.38 no.12 pp. 2145-2151
- Gluconacetobacter xylinus; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; acetoin; beers; catalysts; cell walls; diacetyl; fermentation; flavor; yeasts
- ... OBJECTIVES: To convert α-acetolactate into acetoin by an α-acetolactate decarboxylase (ALDC) to prevent its conversion into diacetyl that gives beer an unfavourable buttery flavour. RESULTS: We constructed a whole Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell catalyst with a truncated active ALDC from Acetobacter aceti ssp xylinum attached to the cell wall using the C-terminal anchoring domain of α-agglutinin. AL ...
- Roccuzzo, Sebastiana; Beckerman, Andrew P.; Pandhal, Jagroop
- Biotechnology letters 2016 v.38 no.12 pp. 1983-1990
- Daphnia; Scenedesmus obliquus; biodiesel; biomass; biotechnology; economic sustainability; harvesting; meta-analysis; microalgae; ponds
- ... Open raceway ponds are regarded as the most economically viable option for large-scale cultivation of microalgae for low to mid-value bio-products, such as biodiesel. However, improvements are required including reducing the costs associated with harvesting biomass. There is now a growing interest in exploiting natural ecological processes within biotechnology. We review how chemical cues produced ...
- PubMed Central: