Jump to Main Content
- Kang, Yun Gyeong; Shin, Ji Won; Park, So Hee; Kim, Young Mi; Gu, Seo Rin; Wu, Yanru; Ban, Hun Yeong; Shin, Jung-Woog
- Biotechnology letters 2016 v.38 no.1 pp. 175-181
- umbilical cord, etc ; biomimetics; blood; extracellular matrix; phenotype; stem cells; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: To investigate the expansion of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HSPCs) from umbilical cord blood using extracellular matrix (ECM) protein-coated three-dimensional hierarchical scaffolds. RESULTS: The expansion of HSPCs was evaluated through total nucleated cell (TNC) expansion, immuno-phenotypic analysis, and clonogenic ability. After 7 days of culture, three-dimensional cultures w ...
- Cao, Huiling; Hui, Qian; Yan, Yongmin; Zhang, Chunbing; Yang, Xuewen; Ge, Liang; Xu, Wenrong
- Biotechnology letters 2016 v.38 no.1 pp. 157-165
- umbilical cord, etc ; actin; coculture; epithelial cells; functional properties; hepatocyte growth factor; humans; hypoxia; insulin; insulin-like growth factor I; kidneys; muscles; stem cells; therapeutics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells (hUCMSCs) have renoprotective effects but the influence of the microenvironment on characteristics of hUCMSCs has not been well studied. Here, we investigate the effects of injury conditions on properties of hUCMSCs. RESULTS: hUCMSCs were treated in vitro under conditions mimicking the injury microenvironment of acute kidney injury. Cells stim ...