Jump to Main Content
- Dhandapani, Gurusamy; Lakshmi Prabha, Azhagiyamanavalan; Kanakachari, Mogilicherla; Phanindra, Mullapudi Lakshmi Venkata; Prabhakaran, Narayanasamy; Gothandapani, Sellamuthu; Padmalatha, Kethireddy Venkata; Solanke, Amolkumar U.; Kumar, Polumetla Ananda
- Biotechnology letters 2015 v.37 no.4 pp. 907-919
- Gossypium hirsutum; Helicoverpa armigera; abiotic stress; bioassays; biotic stress; chloroplasts; complementary DNA; cotton; genes; hormones; insects; larvae; leaves; phylogeny; prediction; seedlings; stress tolerance; transgenic plants
- ... A novel stress tolerance cDNA fragment encoding GhDRIN1 protein was identified and its regulation was studied in cotton boll tissues and seedlings subjected to various biotic and abiotic stresses. Phylogenetic and conserved domain prediction indicated that GhDRIN1 was annotated with a hypothetical protein of unknown function. Subcellular localization showed that GhDRIN1 is localized in the chlorop ...
- Liu, Zubi; Zhu, Qiankun; Li, Juanjuan; Zhang, Gan; Jiamahate, Aerguli; Zhou, Jiayu; Liao, Hai
- Biotechnology letters 2015 v.37 no.4 pp. 863-869
- Escherichia coli; Helicoverpa armigera; Kunitz-type proteinase inhibitor; Senna obtusifolia; Spodoptera exigua; Spodoptera litura; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; acid treatment; amino acid sequences; cattle; drought; genes; insecticidal properties; models; site-directed mutagenesis; trypsin
- ... A trypsin inhibitor gene (CoTI1) from Cassia obtusifolia was isolated and the deduced amino acid sequence was attributed to the Kunitz-type trypsin inhibitor. The recombined CoTI1, expressed in E. coli, exhibited strong inhibitory effect on bovine trypsin and trypsin-like proteases from Helicoverpa armigera, Spodoptera exigua, and Spodoptera litura. CoTI1 thus presents insecticidal properties that ...