Jump to Main Content
- Yoon, Jong Hyun; Roh, Eun Youn; Shin, Sue; Jung, Nam Hee; Song, Eun Young; Lee, Dong Soon; Han, Kyou Sup; Kim, Joung Sung; Kim, Byoung Jae; Jeon, Hye Won; Yoon, Kang Sup
- Biotechnology letters 2009 v.31 no.3 pp. 329-335
- umbilical cord, etc ; adults; humans; stem cells; ultrasonics; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... The human umbilical cord (hUC) is a source of adult tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). A pulsed low-intensity ultrasound (PLIUS) method is described for increasing the yield of MSCs from whole hUC without enzymatic digestion or growth factor supplementation. Analysis of the immunophenotype of cells and a differentiation study were performed to show the compatibility of MSCs. The mean nu ...
- Song, Kedong; Zhao, Guofeng; Liu, Tianqing; Zhang, Lei; Ma, Xuehu; Liu, Jing; Cui, Zhanfeng
- Biotechnology letters 2009 v.31 no.7 pp. 923-928
- umbilical cord, etc ; blood; flow cytometry; microencapsulation; osteoblasts; stem cells; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... The expansion of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HSPCs) from umbilical cord blood (UCB) with the support of microencapsulated osteoblasts under hypoxia environment was investigated. The expansion of HSPCs was evaluated through the total number of UCB mononuclear cells (MNCs) produced, their repopulating potential with the colony-forming unit assay (CFU-Cs) and CD34⁺ phenotypic analysis with f ...