Jump to Main Content
- Jeffers, P.; Raposo, S.; Lima-Costa, M.E.; Connolly, P.; Glennon, B.; Kieran, P.M.
- Biotechnology letters 2003 v.25 no.23 pp. 2023-2028
- biomass; cell culture; plant morphology; image analysis; light scattering; technology
- ... Laser light scattering technology, as applied in the Lasentec focussed beam reflectance measurement (FBRM) system, was used to characterise two morphologically dissimilar plant cell suspension cultures, Morinda citrifolia and Centaurea calcitrapa. Shake-flask suspensions were analysed in terms of biomass concentration and aggregate size/shape over the course of typical batch growth cycles. For the ...
- Soares, L.H. de B.; Assmann, F.; Ayub, M.A.Z.
- Biotechnology letters 2003 v.25 no.23 pp. 2029-2033
- protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; biological production; soybeans; industrial wastes; waste utilization; cell culture
- ... A Bacillus circulans strain, isolated in the Amazon basin, produced a transglutaminase (EC 22.214.171.124) in both submerged and solid-state cultivation. Enzyme activity in the former case reached 0.69 U ml-1 after 160 h cultivation on starch based medium, and in the latter 0.61 U ml-1 after 60 h cultivation on soybean industrial fibrous residue, a non-expensive agro-industrial residue. ...