Jump to Main Content
- Guan, X., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biotechnology letters 2004 v.26 no.20 pp. 1557-1561
- soil bacteria; entomopathogenic bacteria; genetic transformation; crystal proteins; insecticidal proteins; gene expression; Plutella xylostella; larvae; toxicity; microbial genetics; China
- ... A new cry1Ab-type gene, cry1Ab17, was cloned from Bacillus thuringiensis WB9 by PCR. Nucleotide sequence indicated that the open reading frames (ORFs) consists of 3471 bases and encodes a protein of 1156 residues with a calculated molecular weight of 130.5 kDa and an pI value of 5.04. Homology comparison revealed that the deduced amino acid sequence of Cry1Ab17 had 95.4% to 99.7% identity with tho ...
- Guan, X., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biotechnology letters 2004 v.26 no.18 pp. 1425-1428
- insecticidal proteins; structural genes
- ... An insecticidal protein gene, vip3A, was cloned from Bacillus thuringiensis strain WB50. The nucleotide sequence of 2,460 bp (GenBank acc. No. AY295778) showed 99% homology with the known vip3A genes. Using specific primers for vip3A gene, PCR was performed to demonstrate that the gene was not located on the bacterial chromosome and this was confirmed by Southern blotting using an internal fragmen ...