Jump to Main Content
- Hordijk, Iris; Meijer, Fabian; Nissen, Esther; Boorsma, Tjalle; Poorter, Lourens
- Biotropica 2019 v.51 no.1 pp. 28-38
- Attalea phalerata; adults; biotic factors; cattle; fire damage; forests; fruits; grazing intensity; juveniles; landscape position; landscapes; microhabitats; nesting; organic matter; phosphates; population density; population structure; soil; soil quality; structural equation modeling; Bolivia
- ... Attalea princeps is an important palm species that shapes the forest–savanna mosaic in Beni, Bolivia, as it dominates the two principal forest landscape elements (forest islands and gallery forest), and provides a vital microhabitat, food, and nesting source for numerous plant and animal species. The forest–savanna mosaic is used for extensive grazing, and the palm population is declining on the f ...
- Ramos‐Fabiel, Melbi A.; Pérez‐García, Eduardo A.; González, Edgar J.; Yáñez‐Ordoñez, Olivia; Meave, Jorge A.
- Biotropica 2019 v.51 no.1 pp. 62-74
- agricultural land; animal communities; bees; body size; chronosequences; environmental factors; forest succession; landscapes; linear models; nesting; ordination techniques; plant communities; species diversity; taxonomy; tropical dry forests; viability
- ... Despite the recent rapid growth of tropical dry forest succession ecology, most studies on this topic have focused on plant community attribute recovery, whereas animal community successional dynamics has been largely overlooked, and the few existing studies have used taxonomic approaches. Here, we analyze the successional changes in the bee community in a Mexican tropical dry forest, by integrati ...