Jump to Main Content
- Rocha‐Ortega, Maya; Arnan, Xavier; Ribeiro‐Neto, José Domingos; Leal, Inara R.; Favila, Mario E.; Martínez‐Ramos, Miguel
- Biotropica 2018 v.50 no.2 pp. 290-301
- Formicidae, etc ; chronosequences; fauna; feeding behavior; flora; forest management; functional diversity; old-growth forests; rare species; secondary forests; secondary succession; species diversity; tropical forests; Mexico; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The taxonomic diversity (TD) of tropical flora and fauna tends to increase during secondary succession. This increase may be accompanied by changes in functional diversity (FD), although the relationship between TD and FD is not well understood. To explore this relationship, we examined the correlations between the TD and FD of ants and forest age in secondary forests at the α‐ and β‐diversity lev ...
- Orivel, Jérôme; Klimes, Petr; Novotny, Vojtech; Leponce, Maurice
- Biotropica 2018 v.50 no.4 pp. 641-648
- Formicidae, etc ; Isoptera; altitude; baits; chickens; climatic factors; community structure; detritivores; ecosystems; feces; food choices; foraging; functional diversity; insects; melezitose; mutualism; nectar feeding; predation; species diversity; sucrose; understory; Papua New Guinea; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Elevational gradients provide an interesting opportunity for studying the effect of climatic drivers over short distances on the various facets of biodiversity. It is globally assumed that the decrease in species richness with increasing elevation follows mainly the decrease in ecosystem productivity, but studies on functional diversity still remain limited. Here, we investigated how resource use ...