Jump to Main Content
- Ross, Samuel R. P.‐J.; Garcia, Francisco Hita; Fischer, Georg; Peters, Marcell K.
- Biotropica 2018 v.50 no.5 pp. 768-778
- Formicidae, etc ; anthropogenic activities; deforestation; forest ecosystems; habitat destruction; habitat fragmentation; insects; logging; niches; rain forests; species diversity; tropics; Kenya; South America; South East Asia; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... As natural forest ecosystems increasingly face pressure from deforestation, it is ever more important to understand the impacts of habitat fragmentation and degradation on biodiversity. Most studies of anthropogenic change in the tropics come from Southeast Asia and South America, and impacts of habitat modification are often taxon‐specific. Here we empirically assessed the impact of habitat fragm ...
- Orivel, Jérôme; Klimes, Petr; Novotny, Vojtech; Leponce, Maurice
- Biotropica 2018 v.50 no.4 pp. 641-648
- Formicidae, etc ; Isoptera; altitude; baits; chickens; climatic factors; community structure; detritivores; ecosystems; feces; food choices; foraging; functional diversity; insects; melezitose; mutualism; nectar feeding; predation; species diversity; sucrose; understory; Papua New Guinea; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Elevational gradients provide an interesting opportunity for studying the effect of climatic drivers over short distances on the various facets of biodiversity. It is globally assumed that the decrease in species richness with increasing elevation follows mainly the decrease in ecosystem productivity, but studies on functional diversity still remain limited. Here, we investigated how resource use ...