Jump to Main Content
- Ho, Nina Ann Jin; Ooi, Jillian Lean Sim; Affendi, Yang Amri; Chong, Ving Ching
- Botanica marina 2018 v.61 no.6 pp. 547-557
- canopy height; carnivores; coral reefs; fish; fish communities; invertebrates; meadows; seagrasses; species richness; Malaysia
- ... Seagrass meadows are highly productive habitats that support commercially and ecologically important fishes and invertebrates. However, evidence of fish-habitat relationships are seldom drawn from forereef seagrass meadows that are structurally simple in terms of species richness and relative size and, consequently, their role as habitats is unclear. In this study, fish-habitat relationships were ...
- Colin, Patrick L.
- Botanica marina 2018 v.61 no.6 pp. 537-546
- Cymodoceaceae; atolls; limestone; monitoring; pavements; rhizomes; seagrasses; typhoons; Micronesia; Palau
- ... The seagrass Thalassodendron ciliatum (Cymodoceaceae) is uncommon in Palau, Micronesia, but remnant beds occur in an area of less than 1 km² on the northern tip of Velasco Reef, a sunken atoll, plus small areas on its western rim. The ridges are lengthy, consisting of rhizome mat and seagrass up to 1 m high, and 4–8 m wide forming curving elongate shapes (arcs, concentric curves, circles, patches) ...