Jump to Main Content
- GORNALL, RICHARD J.
- Botanical journal of the Linnean Society 1987 v.95 no.4 pp. 273-292
- Saxifraga; new combination; new status; new taxa; plant taxonomy; taxonomic revisions
- ... GORNALL, R. J., 1987. An outline of a revised classification of Saxifraga. A revised classification of Saxifraga is presented in which 15 sections, 19 subsections and 34 series are recognized. A total of 394 names are accounted for, including the following new taxa, combinations and names: series Hirculoideae (Engler & Irmscher) Gornall, stat. nov.; series Lychnitidae (Engler & Irmscher) Gornall, ...
- WEBB, D.A.
- Botanical journal of the Linnean Society 1987 v.95 no.4 pp. 259-272
- Bergenia; Saxifraga; herbaria; steam
- ... WEBB, D. A., 1987. Typification of the Linnean species of Saxifraga. Types (mainly lectotypes) arc assigned to all the species of Saxifraga described by Linnaeus. There are 38 names in all, of which one is now assigned to Bergenia, one is known to be a hybrid, three have been rejected in the past as nomina ambigua, one was later reduced to synonymy by Linnaeus himself, while 32 are accepted as val ...