Jump to Main Content
- AKEROYD, J.R.; WALTERS, S.M.
- Botanical journal of the Linnean Society 1987 v.95 no.4 pp. 223-226
- Europeans; flora; universities; vascular plants; Europe
- ... AKEROYD, J. R. & WALTERS, S. M. 1987. Flora Europaea: the background to the revision of Volume One. Flora Europaea, published 1964-80, is a synthetic catalogue of Europe's vascular plants. Its publication has provided a relatively stable taxonomic and nomenclatural framework for the study of the flora of the continent, and has stimulated much further research and publication. The revision of the f ...
- JACKSON, P.S. WYSE
- Botanical journal of the Linnean Society 1987 v.95 no.4 pp. 301-311
- agricultural history; botanical gardens; leasing; plant exploration and collection; universities; England; Ireland
- ... WYSE JACKSON, P. S., 1987. The Botanic Garden of Trinity College Dublin 1687 to 1987. The first botanic gardens in Europe were Physic Gardens. In Britain the earliest established was at Oxford (1621) and in Ireland at Trinity College Dublin (1687). Apart from a short-lived garden at Harold's Cross the Physic Garden remained in the College until 1806 when land was leased at Ballsbridge. In 1804 Jam ...