Jump to Main Content
- Zraik, Mohanad; Booth, Tom; Piercey-Normore, Michele D.
- Botany 2018 v.96 no.4 pp. 267-279
- environmental factors; habitats; land restoration; lichens; organic matter; sand; sand fraction; secondary metabolites; soil pH; soil stabilization; species diversity; thin layer chromatography; usnic acid; Manitoba
- ... Many lichen secondary metabolites have functions related to the environmental conditions of lichen habitats but few studies have compared soil characteristics with lichen species composition or their secondary products. The goal of this study was to investigate the relationship between soil characteristics with lichen species composition and secondary metabolites. Five locations were chosen in Man ...
- Catherall, Erin E.; Janes, Jasmine K.; Josefsson, Caroline A.; Gorrell, Jamieson C.
- Botany 2018 v.96 no.4 pp. 257-265
- Quercus garryana; alleles; allelic variation; animals; climate change; ecosystems; flora; gene flow; genetic markers; habitats; loci; population structure; risk; temporal variation; tree and stand measurements; trees; British Columbia
- ... Garry oak (Quercus garryana Douglas ex Hook.) is a deciduous tree whose ecosystem is listed “at risk” throughout its range in British Columbia (BC), Canada, under the Canadian Species at Risk Act. Garry oak ecosystems host the most diverse flora for coastal BC, yet they account for less than 0.3% of the province’s land coverage. Due to the loss and degradation of Garry oak habitat, many associated ...