Jump to Main Content
- Zraik, Mohanad; Booth, Tom; Piercey-Normore, Michele D.
- Botany 2018 v.96 no.4 pp. 267-279
- environmental factors; habitats; land restoration; lichens; organic matter; sand; sand fraction; secondary metabolites; soil pH; soil stabilization; species diversity; thin layer chromatography; usnic acid; Manitoba
- ... Many lichen secondary metabolites have functions related to the environmental conditions of lichen habitats but few studies have compared soil characteristics with lichen species composition or their secondary products. The goal of this study was to investigate the relationship between soil characteristics with lichen species composition and secondary metabolites. Five locations were chosen in Man ...
- Gagnon, Félix; Rochefort, Line; Lavoie, Claude
- Botany 2018 v.96 no.11 pp. 779-791
- Scirpus cyperinus; bogs; environmental factors; fens; high water table; humans; land restoration; pH; peat; peatlands; species diversity; vegetation cover; Manitoba
- ... There are very few studies on the spontaneous revegetation of cutover fens or bogs from which peat has been extracted to the minerotrophic layers. Most peatlands with fen-type residual peat have problems regenerating a plant cover satisfactorily from a restoration point of view. We nevertheless found a site (Moss Spur, Manitoba, Canada) presenting a substantial and diversified spontaneous plant co ...