Jump to Main Content
- Saunders, Gary W.; Wadland, Katelyn L.; Salomaki, Eric D.; Lane, Christopher E.
- Botany 2017 v.95 no.6 pp. 561-566
- DNA barcoding; Florideophyceae; algae; epiphytes; fauna; flora; genes; new order; phylogeny; surveys
- ... Routine DNA barcode surveys of red algae can occasionally yield contaminant sequences owing to the diverse epi/endo flora and fauna that can inhabit these species. Often discarded as nuisance data, further exploration in this study led to the discovery of an unusual red alga with a highly characteristic vegetative development in which the diminutive primary vegetative filaments are terminated by d ...
- Dazé Querry, Natasha; Bordeleau, Xavier; Harper, Karen A.; Basquill, Sean P.
- Botany 2017 v.95 no.6 pp. 587-598
- Drosera; biogeography; coastal plains; coasts; flora; graminoids; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; shorelines; shrubs; vegetation; Nova Scotia; Ontario; United States
- ... Atlantic Coastal Plain Flora (ACPF) are a group of plants mostly inhabiting lakeshores along the Atlantic coast of the United States, with disjunct populations in Nova Scotia and Ontario. To better define their ecological requirements, the main objective of this study was to determine the factors (biotic and abiotic habitat components) influencing ACPF communities (distribution, species abundance, ...