Jump to Main Content
- Wilson, John D.
- Boundary-layer meteorology 2007 v.125 no.1 pp. 39-47
- normal distribution, etc ; equations; grasses; models; prediction; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Well-mixed, first-order Lagrangian stochastic (LS) particle trajectory models are derived from several idealized (“toy”) turbulent velocity distributions, and their performance is compared against the observations of Project Prairie Grass, i.e., the case of a continuous point source of tracer near the ground, in the horizontally homogeneous and neutrally stratified surface layer. Although in a con ...
- Katsouvas, George D.; Helmis, Costas G.; Wang, Qing
- Boundary-layer meteorology 2007 v.124 no.3 pp. 335-360
- normal distribution, etc ; air; correlation; equations; momentum; prediction; wind; Massachusetts; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The quadrant technique, a conditional sampling approach that allocates Reynolds stresses into four different types of events (ejections or bursts, sweeps, inward interactions and outward interactions), is applied to stable marine atmospheric boundary-layer data, collected in the framework of the Coupled Boundary Layer Air--Sea Transfer, Low wind component experiment at Nantucket Island, Massachuse ...