Jump to Main Content
- Kudryavtsev, V. N.; Makin, V. K.
- Boundary-layer meteorology 2001 v.98 no.1 pp. 155-171
- air flow; drag coefficient; friction; gravity; models; roughness; water waves; wind speed
- ... An approach that allows assessment of the impact of air-flow separation (AFS) from wave breaking fronts on the sea-surface drag is presented. Wave breaking fronts are modelled by the discontinuities of the sea-surface slope. It is assumed that the dynamics of the AFS from wave breaking crests is similar to that from the backward facing step. The form drag supported by an individual breaker is desc ...
- Ohya, Yuji
- Boundary-layer meteorology 2001 v.98 no.1 pp. 57-82
- air flow; cooling; gravity; heat; momentum; roughness; statistics; surface roughness; temperature; turbulent flow; wind tunnels; Colorado; Japan
- ... Wind-tunnel simulations of the atmospheric stable boundary layer (SBL) developed over a rough surface were conducted by using a thermally stratified wind tunnel at the Research Institute for Applied Mechanics (RIAM), Kyushu University. The present experiment is a continuation of the work carried out in a wind tunnel at Colorado State University (CSU), where the SBL flows were developed over a smoo ...