Jump to Main Content
- Ijarotimi, Oluwole Steve; Esho, Taiwo Ruth
- British food journal 2009 v.111 no.4-5 pp. 376-386
- nutritive value; nutrient content; antinutritional factors; Vigna subterranea; fermented foods; roasting; seeds; food analysis; food composition; food processing; food processing quality; flour; nut products
- ... Purpose - This paper seeks to demonstrate that the nutritional composition of bambara groundnut (BG) seeds can be influenced when subjected to three traditional processing methods (i.e. fermentation, roasting, and germination). Design/methodology/approach - Proximate, minerals, amino acids and antinutritional factors of each of the processed food samples were investigated using AOAC methods. The r ...
- Mamede, M.E.O.; Miranda, M.P.S.; Ritzinger, R.; Godoy, R.C.B.; Velozo, E.S.
- British food journal 2009 v.111 no.4-5 pp. 387-395
- physicochemical properties; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; new variety; Malpighia glabra; nutritive value; nutrient content; food analysis; fruit composition; fruit quality; tropical and subtropical fruits
- ... Purpose - The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the chemical, physical and sensory composition of three new varieties of acerola (Rubra, Cabocla and CMF 017). Design/methodology/approach - The samples of ripe acerola were collected from the Active Germoplasm Bank of Embrapa Cassava and Tropical Fruits - Cruz das Almas/Bahia, from the species Malpighia emarginata DC and analyzed by using standar ...