Jump to Main Content
- Ridge, S.
- British food journal 1989 v.91 no.5 pp. 5-6
- food safety; food contamination; laws and regulations; food sanitation; temperature; Listeria; food industry; retail marketing; United Kingdom
- ... Over the last six months we have seen an unprecedented number of food and contamination scares given wide media coverage. A result of this has been the launch of the Food Safety Advisory Centre and Foodline. Six of the major retailers in the UK, including Asda and J. Sainsbury, have joined together to provide an information service to customers, to fund a panel of experts and commission research i ...
- Bender, A.E.
- British food journal 1989 v.91 no.5 pp. 3-4
- food industry; food additives; food intolerance; food irradiation; foodborne illness; food handling; food safety
- ... Over the past few years the food industry has been criticized by the press for a massive list of problems, including allergies, irradiation, food poisoning and food additives. In this somewhat controversial article, the author considers just how far the industry is responsible for these "real or apparent" problems and what responsibility it has. ...