Jump to Main Content
- Hoskin, S.O.; Savary-Auzeloux, I.C.; Calder, A.G.; Zuur, G.; Lobley, G.E.
- British journal of nutrition 2003 v.89 no.2 pp. 167-179
- aorta; biopsy; blood; body weight; catheters; energy; feed intake; food intake; histidine; intravenous injection; isoleucine; leucine; lysine; phenylalanine; proline; protein synthesis; serine; sheep; threonine; tyrosine; vena cava
- ... Responses in variables of amino acid (AA) metabolism across peripheral tissues to feed intake were studied in six sheep (mean live weight 32 kg) prepared with arterio–venous catheters across the hindquarters. Four intakes (0·5, 1·0, 1·5 and 2·5 × maintenance energy) were offered over 2-week periods to each sheep in a Latin square design with two animals replicated. Animals were infused intravenous ...
- Chen, Haw-Wen; Tsai, Chia-Wen; Yang, Jaw-Ji; Liu, Cheng-Tze; Kuo, Wei-Wen; Lii, Chong-Kuei
- British journal of nutrition 2003 v.89 no.2 pp. 189-200
- N-nitrosodimethylamine; antioxidants; blood lipids; body weight; cytochrome P-450; dietary fat; erythromycin; fatty acids; fish oils; garlic; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; isozymes; messenger RNA; pharmacokinetics; rats; superoxide dismutase
- ... This present study was designed to investigate the combined modulatory effect of garlic oil (GO) and fish oil (FO) on the antioxidant and drug metabolism systems. Rats were fed either a low-maize oil (MO) diet (50 g MO/kg), high-MO diet (235 g MO/kg) or high-FO diet (205 g FO+30 g MO/kg) and received different doses of GO (0–200 mg/kg body weight) three times per week for 6 weeks. Fatty acid analy ...